Ridgistorm-XL an innovative pipe solutionRidgistorm-XL is an innovative solution to SUDS and stormwater management applications. With a range of large diameter pipes from 750mm up to 3000mm plus the design and product technology features, it offers an effective and adaptable solution, without impacting on the development footprint.
Bespoke pipe profi le providing individual stiffness class
Ridgistorm-XL can be engineered to suit any application. By analysing the site conditions and installation parameters, our design engineers can create a solution with the appropriate profile strength and stiffness that is neither over nor under engineered. Our production flexibility allows pipe strength to be produced at varying stiffness classes to meet the design requirements of a project, without the need to step-up pipe specification.
Exceptional leak tightness
Ridgistorm-XL is designed to minimise the effects of ground movement and deformation and prevent leakage from the pipeline or attenuation structure. Exceptional pipeline integrity is achieved with Ridgistorm-XL due to the reduced number of joints, therefore minimising the number of potential leakage points and removing the risk of groundwater pollution. The pipe’s socket and spigot joints allows the system to be jointed with electro-fusion welding, ring seals or extrusion welding.
Ridgistorm-XL versus rigid materials
Ridgistorm-XL offers a robust, durable and adaptable solution in comparison to rigid materials such as concrete and steel. Due to its longer lengths and lighter weight, Ridgistorm-XL can be 70% cheaper to transport than equivalent size concrete pipes and can be handled and stored much more safely on-site.
Ridgistorm-XL and all pipe profile options and stiffness classes SN2 to SN8 are approved by WRc.
- Available in diameters 750mm - 3000mm
- Wide use of applications
- Excellent load bearing capability
- Extremely durable for long lifetime
- Designed to optimum stiffness classification
- Superior performance in areas of differential settlement
- Lighter weight for reduced plant requirements
- Socket and Spigot joints with a wide variety of jointing options to suit project needs and construction methodology – Electro-fusion welding, Seal jointing and Internal welding
- WRc Approved
- Water Company Approved for both Section 104 and Capital Works projects
- Structurally designed in accordance with BS EN 1295 and ATV-DVWK-A 127E (the German design code that is referenced in the German annex of EN 1295-1)
- Fully compliant with CESWI and SHW series 500**
- Modularised system incorporating bespoke chambers, manholes and fittings that are prefabricated off-site
- Excellent resistance to sulphate and chemical attack
- Superior hydraulic performance achieved through smooth bore
- 100% recyclable
**SHW series 500 applies to 750mm and 900mm diameter pipes only.